Honoring our Veterans and Saluting our Troops
Twilight Concert and Picnic – Featuring Mic Gillette, The Big Band of Rossmoor and the Swingin Blue Stars
There was a day when veterans came home to their community with arms wide open. Communities would organize, have a parade and celebrate their return. These traditions, like our veterans have been forgotten. So in the spirit of remembering our veterans 5 local Rotary clubs honor all veterans of all wars, reserves, and military.
All veterans including WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan wars and all veterans are invited to attend. Along with the call out to Veterans, the Rotary clubs are inviting reserves, active troops and family to attend.
Mark your calendar for Saturday, July 18, 2015, 5:00 pm to twilight. Honor our heroes with your attendance. Twilight Concert under the stars includes:
- The Big Band of Rossmoor featuring Mic Gillette on trumpet (formally with Tower of Power)
- Special Guests -The Swingin Blue Stars, Think of the Andrew Sisters singing “Don’t Sit Under The Apple Tree”
- Rotary’s new stage and picnic area overlooking the lake
- Veterans, active duty troops and reserves will be honored during the program
- And this is all FREE to the public and all
Bring a blanket, your lawn chairs and a picnic. The Lafayette Reservoir is located just west of downtown Lafayette and free parking is available at the Reservoir between 4 -7pm. Please enter the parking lot through the kiosk and let the attendant know you are there for the Rotary’s Twilight Concert and picnic.
The Mobil Vet Center will be onsite counseling veterans and their families covering veterans benefits. health care, finances, education and housing.
Operation Swingtime is presented by the Rotary Club of Lafayette, the Lamorinda Sunrise Rotary Club, the Rotary Club of Moraga, the Orinda Rotary Club and the Rotary Club of Rossmoor . The Big Band of Rossmoor is presented by Generations In Jazz.
The Big Band of Rossmoor
Our goal is to build community by providing educational, performance, and cultural opportunities for all ages. Our 32 piece Big Band is unique and is comprised of musicians ages 14 to 91. In addition to a standard 17-piece Big Band we are complimented by string, clarinet, and flute sections.
- February 17th – Show and Dance. Rossmoor Events Center.
- April 21st – GIJ Festival – Rossmoor Events Center
- May 14th – Concert at the res. Lafayette Reservoir
- May 22nd – Collings Foundation – Air Show – Livermooe. Livermoore Airport
- July 16th – Salute The Veterans Show at the Res. Lafayette Reservoir
- November 2nd – Show and Dance. Rossmoor Events Center
Check back for more details!