Our goal is to build community by providing educational, performance, and cultural opportunities for all ages. Our 32 piece Big Band is unique and is comprised of musicians ages 14 to 91. In addition to a standard 17-piece Big Band we are complimented by string, clarinet, and flute sections.
Maurice Levich receives the Jefferson Award!
(CBS 5) – Maurice Levich uses jazz to bring generations of musicians together. Under his direction, musicians young and old make magic side by side.
At the opening of the 11th Annual Generations in Jazz Festival in early March, Levich guided his musicians through a sound check, holding his trumpet and wearing a smile.
Fifteen years ago, when Levich was asked to direct the senior citizens, they didn’t have enough members, so he recruited middle school students.
“When people play together, when they play music together, everybody grows. It’s uniting. It brings the community together,” Levich explained.
Please take a few moments and read more at SanFrancisco.cbslocal.com
- Friday, February 8th – Big Band Dance & Show at the Rheem Theater
- Friday, March 1st – Generations in Jazz Festival at Del Valle – Rossmoor
- Friday, March 8th – Tribute Dinner and Show at Lafayette Veterans Hall
- Saturday, May 11th – Concert at the Res at Lafayette Reservoir
- Wednesday, May 15th – Big Band Dance & Show at Del Valle – Rossmoor
- Sunday, May 26th – World War II Airshow – Livermore Airport
- Saturday, September 21st – Big Band Dance & Show – Rheem Theater
- Wednesday, November 6th – Big Band Dance & Show – Del Valle – Rossmoor
Check back for more details!